-----Original Message----- From: Hauke Mehrtens Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 3:18 PM To: lede-dev@lists.infradead.org Subject: [LEDE-DEV] kernel 4.9 migration for next release
For the next major LEDE release after 17.01 all targets should be on
kernel 4.9, otherwise they will most likely not be included in the release.
[...]
The following targets are on kernel 4.4 and need a upgrade to kernel 4.9
to be included:
* ixp4xx

I did do a set of patches to 4.9 for the ixp4xx platform back in March.
However, I could not get the SPI-GPIO interface to the Micrel KS8995 switch
on my MI424WR router operational at all. The SPI device never showed up.
The device worked with the spi-gpio-old driver which has been removed. I
tried setting up the 4.9 kernel support for spi over gpio but nothing I tried
worked out - I could use some help with this. Everything else was working
OK on 4.9

/ted