On 20/10/2017 10:44, Mikael Bak wrote:
Hi,

I have been using the image builder in the past to generate custom images with additional packages for my other TP-LINK routers, and that works fine.

Now I would like to use an old Linksys WRT54GL as an access point and would like to generate a custom image with a minimal set of packages (without luci and some other stuff).

My question is: How can I know what packages I must include when building the image with the image builder in order to get the device to boot and be able to login via ssh?

Something like this:
$ make image PROFILE=linksys-wrt54g PACKAGES="[what should be here?]"

Thanks for all the hard work with lede/openwrt!

TIA,
Mikael

If you run the imagebuilder without any "PACKAGES=xxx", it will generate an image with the default packages for that device, kernel/drivers for its integrated hardware, uci, ssh, firewall, ppp and ipv6 functionality are included.

The image generated is similar to what you get in a LEDE development snapshot.

The "PACKAGES=xxx" option is there for including something on top of that, or removing some of the default-selected packages (like the ones for ipv6 support/firewall/whatever, for example).

Will edit the wiki page to add this info.

-Alberto