Hello,

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:07:16 AM CET Stijn Segers wrote:
> I remember there was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth, when targets in
> master dropped 4.4 support so quickly after 17.01 had been released
> (which made it very cumbersome to backport 4.4 kernel bumps from master
> to the stable branch). Wouldn't it be wiser to keep 4.9 kernels around
> for targets that are being bumped to 4.14?
Sure. This isn't a problem with the existing series.
Just defer/delete patch: "[LEDE-DEV,5/5] apm821xx: remove kernel 4.9 support"
<https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/726598/> for now.

In fact, for the 4.4->4.9 bump Felix did it the same way.
He queued the patch that removed 4.4 support from apm821xx in his staging
repository and left it there.

Regards,
Christian