On January 17, 2018 6:06:54 PM PST, "Denis Periša" <darkman...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've searched three days in a row and I cannot find any more info on
>software cable tester for linux/openwrt.
>
>Many my devices support this feature as in original firmware (Mikrotik
>for example) I can see cable pairs and which cable wire is not
>connected and such. Even length of the cable. Airlive devices have as
>low as 2mb firmware space and they have this included in web gui.
>
>How come none openwrt/lede is capable of doing this? too hardware
>specific or?

Yes, too hardware specific, and most often no reference code and documentation
to implement it. TDR in the PHY products that I am familiar with require a ton
of register reads and writes. Do you know what kind of PHYs they use? Most PHYs
have a simple cable diagnostics register set which give you basic stuff:
length, pair status etc. doing actual TDR is more complicated and involved.
Let
--
Florian