The interesting part is that for ipq806x there has been an extra definition for Winbond W25N01GV where the pagesize has been finetuned:

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/ipq806x/patches-4.9/104-mtd-nand-add-Winbond-manufacturer-and-chip.patch;hb=HEAD

That has made me unsure if the manufacturer name addition is enough for these Winbond chips. (We should probably check from the newest Linksys GPL sources, what they have done for OEM firmware)

I think that it would be best to have these NAND chip definitions in generic patches, instead of being scattered around in targets.