>>>>> "Koen" == Koen Vandeputte <koen.vandepu...@ncentric.com> writes:

Koen> On 2018-04-26 20:16, Hannu Nyman wrote:
>> Custom files work quite normally for me.  Just compiled and flashed
>> r6763-746c590882, and I can see my custom files quite normally in
>> /etc.
>>
>> At the first glance I do not see any obvious mistake in your
>> workflow.

Koen> Firstly:

Koen> Testing this in detail shows the actual issue:

Koen> Adding these files: - etc/config/testfile    (contains a comment
Koen> line) - etc/config/network  (Altered config file, intended to
Koen> overwrite the existing one) - etc/config/wireless  (Altered config
Koen> file, intended to overwrite the existing one)

Koen> The 1st file is properly added The 2nd file is properly altered
Koen> The 3rd file seems to be ignored/overwritten again somewhere in
Koen> the process.  It's not possible to provide a custom "wireless"
Koen> file

Koen> summarized:  Adding new files seems to work,  altering used files
Koen> ... not always

You might take a look at the scripts in /rom/etc/uci-defaults to see if
they are altering what you put in the files overlay.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net