It seems like ledger (latest HEAD and before) makes the wrong judgements
about decimal comma or decimal point when parsing values like
'0,0000098BTC' (it's parsed as '98,0082BTC' unless --decimal-comma is
active). A small test case is available under
http://p.tarn-vedra.de/ledger-decimal-bug.html

egh in the IRC channel pointed me to this line, which is responsible for
parsing:
https://github.com/ledger/ledger/blob/bba851b8304ef1bb432bb0dc41b1e5c57bc9cc61/src/amount.cc#L1118

Please note that I'm posting via the Google Groups interface - please
excude broken formatting or similar.

Cheers,
Moritz Ulrich