Actually, it does not exactly do the same thing.
The interesting feature of print without --raw is that it aligns the
columns of numbers nicely. but it converts 'h' to minutes as described
before.
With the --raw it mostly does not touch the file's formatting.

so I ask again: besides me using 'hr' instead of 'h', is there a way to
tell it to keep hours where I have them *or specify a default unit that I
want) while still do the rest of the formatting ?

--pascal