Craig Earls <ender...@gmail.com> writes:

> "this month" and "last month" both work for me with latest build.

I think I figured it out. I used a test file with a single transaction
and added information from there, and it looks like giving a top-of-file
year specification as "Y2014" rather than "year 2014" messes up the date
period parsing.

This file reported "today" correctly:

-------
year 2014

05/12 * 大茶叶   ; beef bones from the butcher I'm never going to again
    Expenses:Food:Market                       26.00 RMB
    Assets:Cash
-------

This one gives no transactions for "today", but does for "May 12":

------
Y2014

05/12 * 大茶叶   ; beef bones from the butcher I'm never going to again
    Expenses:Food:Market                       26.00 RMB
    Assets:Cash
------

Not a disaster, as it looks like "year 2014" is the recommended new
format. "Y2014" is still mentioned in the manual -- maybe it should just
be dispensed with?

Thanks,
Eric