One of the parts of completing my/a bookkeeping is to import bank
statements into ledger where each transaction has a description.
While the following problem does not happen often, the description might
have colons (:) and thus conflicts with the way tags work in Ledger-Cli.
A minimal requirement to see if everything went ok is to visually inspect
the descriptions with the print command.
A description has the length of a sms and might imply multiple lines.
Of course it is possible to substitute the colon with something else,
however I would like the description (transaction comment) to be as
authentic as possible.
Is there a way to have real comments? In other words, a comment where
implicit meta-data like tags is not active?
Thanks!