For the longest time I haven't been able to use payee limiting in
reports in any convenient way, and I'm finally getting around to
bringing it up here. I am using git ledger, built on archlinux. Here's
the basic problem:

[eric@pellet ~]$ ledger reg assets:receivable --limit 'payee=~/CBI/'
14-May-03 CBI  Assets:Receivable   2,000.00 RMB  2,000.00 RMB
14-Jun-18 CBI  Assets:Receivable  -2,000.00 RMB             0

[eric@pellet ~]$ ledger reg assets:receivable and CBI
[eric@pellet ~]$ ledger reg assets:receivable @CBI
{displays all postings for assets:receivable}

According to the docs and whatnot, one of the shorter forms ought to
work. The longer one is horrible to type!

Am I doing something wrong, or are the docs incorrect, or is this a bug
of some sort?

Thanks!
Eric