Hi John,
according to % TZ=Etc/GMT+6 date it's around 5:30 AM for you now
and I shall hope you are sound asleep.

Below is a list of several python related issues in ledger (in order of
importance for me) that I would like to address sooner than later.
I've included the name of my topic branch (https://github.com/afh/ledger),
which contains some changes and testfiles in parenthesis.

Unfortunately due to my lack of familiarity with C++ and Boost::Python
the effectiveness of my debugging and programming efforts is rather limited.
So any help in fixing the issues or aiding me in addressing those is
greatly appreciated.

I will join #ledger whenever I have some time spare to see if you or
anyone else wanting to work on the issues is available.

Cheers,
Alexis

Python use post.checkin (wip/py_checkin)
  • Resolve following issue to allow access to checkin/out datetime from python:
    % ./ledger python test/baseline/python-checkin.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test/baseline/python-checkin.py", line 8, in <module>
        end   = post.checkout
    TypeError: No Python class registered for C++ class
boost::optional<boost::posix_time::ptime>
    libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type int
    [1]    78317 abort      ./ledger python test/baseline/python-checkin.py

Python close_journal_files() » UnitTests:  (wip/py_unit, wip/py_tests)
  • Resolve the issue when calling ledger.session.close_journal_files()
    % rm test/python/*.py[co]; python -B test/python/UnitTests.py
    [1]    79484 segmentation fault  python -B test/python/UnitTests.py
    Chaning test/python/UnitTests.py:tearDown() to just pass avoids the sigsegv

Python read multiple journal files: (wip/py_read_journals)
  • Resolve issue with multiple calls to ledger.read_journal()
    % ./ledger python test/baseline/python-readjournal.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test/baseline/python-readjournal.py", line 4, in <module>
        journal_b = ledger.read_journal("test/input/drewr3.dat")
    RuntimeError: Assertion failed in "src/session.cc", line 192:std::size_t
ledger::session_t::read_data(const string &): xact_count ==
journal->xacts.size()
    libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type int
    [1]    79448 abort      ./ledger python test/baseline/python-readjournal.py

Python balance reports:
  journal.collect(query) and journal.collect_accounts('query')
  is commented in python/demo.py
  if query() is the equivalent for register
  I'd like to have collect() as the equivalent for balance

Period bug: this month
  % ledger reg -p 'this month'
  may result in different xacts than
  % ledger reg -p $(date +'%b')
  Related to different ahndling of Y2014 and apply year 2014 directives?
  Need ctest case to reproduce

Python UnitTests:
  • What was the intended use of test/PyUnitTests.py
  • run test/python/UnitTests when running ctest