I'm trying to figure out how to model stock options in ledger. My goals are
that
  (1) individual lots are tracked separately by the grant price, and
  (2) I can track the potential value in a sane way.

This seems to work for (1) when I exercise for cash:

2014/06/01 Stock options - acquire
    Assets:Stock Options:Foo       4 FOO_OPTIONS {$100} @ $0

2014/12/01 Stock options - exercise
    Assets:Stock Options:Foo      -4 FOO_OPTIONS {$100} @ $0
    Assets:Stock:Foo               4 FOO @ $100
    Income:Transient Stock    $-400

2014/12/01 Stock options - sale
    Assets:Stock:Foo          -4 FOO {$100} @ $200
    Income:Capital Gains      $-400
    Income:Transient Stock    $400
    Assets:Checking           $400

But I can't seem to figure out a way to track what the exercise would be
worth at, say, August in my example. I tried adding  a pricesdb value for
FOO_OPTIONS of $150, but then it thinks I have $600 rather than $200,
because it doesn't account for the $100 exercise price. All the transaction
variants I've tried for FOO_OPTIONS {$} "rebase" the option, which is not
what I'm hoping to do.

I'm coming from Gnucash. What I did there was to track an account "Stock
options" in dollars, and just do "change in value" transactions monthly.
This achieved #2, but not #1.

Any suggestions appreciated. Maybe some magic with virtual transactions to
track #1 and #2 separately?

Thanks
-Eric