Ok, thanks for confirming what I thought.

L.

On 2015-06-28 19:03:34 +0000, Craig Earls said:

I just checked.  I do have some very long format strings in my .ledgerrc, but I just keep them on the same line and let them wrap.

Ledger doesn't use the shell to interpret rc files.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Craig Earls <ender...@gmail.com> wrote: I will be home ina few hours. Icancheck then. Pretty sure i do exacy what you are asking about.

On Sunday, June 28, 2015, Lifepillar <lifepil...@lifepillar.com> wrote: I've tried that, but it doesn't work, at least for format options. More specifically, the option's value ends at the \, and the next line is ignored (if does not start with spaces) or produces an error (if it has leading spaces). Quoting doesn't help either, because (single and double) quotes are interpreted literally.

L.