Hello Sharon,
I'm uncertain about what is going on.

The commit you mentioned:
> v3.1-464-gfd6fabb

I cannot find it within the ledger repository.
Could it be that there are changes local to your repository?

> Seeing the link you gave I can see immediately why it failed, I don't
> have anything labelled as a "liability"! I have one credit card with no
> debts on it, and no payments being made to it, hence no liabilities.

Maybe running the following command sheds some light onto the issue:
% git log  git log test/baseline/feat-fixated-prices.test

In the meantime I'll try to reproduce the issue
with a virtualized Debian 8 on my side.

Cheers,
Alexis