On 2015-10-11 13:02:37 +0000, Lifepillar said:

Does Ledger have a format option to print (say, in register report) the file and/or line number where a transaction comes from?

Never mind, I have found them by browsing the source code (and then I saw that the manual describes them, too):

   ledger --prepend-format='%(filename):%(beg_line)' ...

does exactly what I need!

Life