On 2016-03-05 14:35:17 +0000, Lifepillar said:

On 2016-03-05 13:57:44 +0000, Lifepillar said:

Hi,
how do you set an automatic transaction to be triggered, say,
on Mondays, Tuesdays, ..., up to Fridays?

I'd better explain my goal better. Let's say I have an account
at my workplace's canteen. I put $200 into it today. A meal
costs $5 and I eat there on Mondays to Fridays. After 40
weekdays, the account reaches $0 and I need to put more money,
otherwise it goes negative.

Up to now, I have tracked those $200 as money spent on day
one. One problem is that I don't know when the credit is
(nearly) over, or I forget, and I go negative. The second
problem is that I'd like to track that money as money spent
for food. But if I spend all the money in one day, budgets
and statistics do not really reflect the status quo.

What I'd like to do is to treat those $200 as an asset and
to withdraw money from there periodically. Any suggestions
on how I may automate this tracking process as much as
possible?

After reading the docs, something like this would probably
be enough (I need to add --current to my reports, but that
is not a big deal):

2016/03/05 * Transfer
 Assets:Canteen        $200.00
 Assets:Checking      $-200.00
 Expenses:Food:Canteen  $20.00  ; [=2016/03/11]
 Assets:Canteen                 ; [=2016/03/11]
 Expenses:Food:Canteen  $20.00  ; [=2016/03/18]
 Assets:Canteen                 ; [=2016/03/18]
 ; etc...

I know how to write an automated transaction for the postings,
but I don't know whether it is possible to set a date for each
posting based on the transaction date.

Or maybe there is a better way...

Life