On 5/31/16 7:37 AM, Evgeny Panasyuk wrote:
I do not want such detailed report, what I want is to limit depth to 2 and
get subtotals for each second level account, similar to above balance
report. Something like:
ledger -f example.ledger reg expenses -M
16-May-01 - 16-May-31           expenses:car                  1100$
1100$
                                expenses:other                   5$
1105$

How to achieve this?

You could use hledger register:

ledger -f example.ledger print expenses | hledger -f- reg expenses -M --depth 2