Craig, thanks.  I think I checked some backups last week and found the
09/31 problem there, too, so I wonder if I did mistype, and ledger 2.6
didn't complain.  I can fix that.

I'm most worried about the income in USD added to an account measured in a
commodity.  That's what's going on; I'd just like to figure out how to
express it for 3.1.  It's back to the documentation, I guess.  Section 5.11
seems to say this should work; section 5.12 seems to suggest an alternative
by stating the number of shares and their price per share, too.

Any experience there?

Bill