I've got an entry something like

2017/01/01 Example
    Assets:Mutual Fund              1,409.443 ABCfund @ 12.41
    Equity                        $-17,491.19

A ledger balance report complains::

Unbalanced remainder is:
         17491.18763
        $-17,491.19
Amount to balance against:
         17491.18763
Error: Transaction does not balance

I may have missed something, but searching on the mailing list hasn't
pointed me to anything that seems to have helped.  Yes, I''ve seen that
beancount may make that better, but it sounds like beancount depends on
python 3.5, and I'm on Debian Jessie, which seems to make that difficult.

I thought there was some sort of rounding, though, that has taken care of
this in the past (e.g., on 2.x), but I'm at a loss to find out enough in
the manual to get be through it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bill