Hello Richard,
Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions and I am sorry for not getting
back to you earlier. Actually the problem was that when I tried to convert
gnucash files, I forgot to uncheck the compression option in GNU Cash
software. That was a stupid mistake and it wasted me hours. Anyway, I got
everything working after that and did not  require the python way anymore.

Thanks again,
Rushad