Hi Filipo,

Filipo V <phil.wong2...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi all, I'm new to ledger and I'm frustrated I can't figure out what I've done wrong to begin with. Here is part of my file: 2015/05/27 * Opening Balance Assets:BankA:Current 482.40 Equity:Opening Balances Now, when I try to run the basic balance command, I get this: While parsing file "myledger.dat", line 6: Error: Posting with null amount's account may be misspelled: "Assets:BankA:Current 482.40" Can anyone help?

Looks like the problem here is that you only have one space between the account name and the amount. Since spaces are allowed in account names, you must have at least two spaces between the account name and the amount.

Hope that helps!

--
Best,
Richard