Hello, I am new to ledger and have run into a snag when attempting to set
up some automated transactions to track my credit card rewards points.
 Let's say that my credit card gives me one point for each dollar I spend
on the card, and each point is generally worth $0.01.  It seems like I
should be able to write something like:

= /Liabilities:Credit Card/
Income:Credit Card Rewards 0.01
Trading:Credit Card Rewards -0.01
Trading:Credit Card Rewards (-1 * amount) Points
Assets:Credit Card Rewards (1 * amount) Points

but I get an error:

While parsing posting:
  Trading:Credit Card Rewards (-1 * amount) Points
Error: Unexpected char 'P' (Note: inline math requires parentheses)

Some experimentation suggests that I cannot combine inline math and a
commodity that differs from the matched posting.  Does that seem correct?
 Is it possible to accomplish what I'm trying to do here?  Any suggestions
on how I might accomplish this differently?  Thanks,

Adam