Andrew: You can probably create a small file that doesn't have your
financial details in it by deleting all of the file except for a first
guess at what the relevant part is, then checking you can still
reproduce the error.  'Binary search' should get you there if your first
guess doesn't work.  Then you can edit the numbers for fake ones, as you
did in your first post, but now you should have a complete-but-tiny
ledger file that somebody else can run ledger on to reproduce the error.