(Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:38:48PM +0700) Martin Michlmayr :
> * Calvin Brizzi <calvin.bri...@gmail.com> [2018-01-18 07:16]:
> > 2018/01/01 Opening Balances
> > Assets:EUR                             800 EUR @ 2 USD
> > Assets:USD                            1000 USD
> > Equity:Opening Balances
> >
> > 2018/01/05 Transferwise EUR -> USD
> > Assets:EUR                           -100 EUR {2 USD} @@ 100 USD
> > Assets:USD                          100 USD
> > Income:Capital Gains           100 USD
>
> You had 100 EUR at 2 USD, so 200 USD and you're selling it for 100 USD
> so surely that's a capital loss and not a capital gain?

You’re right on an accounting point of view, but is not relevant to the
issue, since ledger doesn’t care about the names of the accounts: it
still remains that the Unrealized Losses should be 700 and not 800 in
the report, since in the end he’s left with 700EUR that he bought at
1400USD and is currently able to sell at 700USD.

I’d say it’s a bug in the software since the rest sounds correct, maybe
it doesn’t take into account the fact that you sold some EUR
When replacing "bal" with "reg", we can see that the <Revalued> account
holds an incorrect amount.

--
Ismael