Hi Rob,

Apologies for not replying earlier, got behind in my email again.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 3:54 AM Rob Napier <robnap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 10:19:40 PM UTC-5, Scott Payne wrote:
>>

>> I'm still just playing with the periodic transactions for now so I'm not
>> sure if I'm going to clash with the current implementation soon or not.
>> Given the way I'm reviewing my budget your point about monthly transactions
>> might be valid for me sooner rather than later (e.g. I might want to see
>> which monthly expenses are due in the next fortnight) but we'll see how we
>> go.
>>

> How has this turned out? I've been very interested in the forecasting
> feature to keep my forecast checking balance between a low- and high-water
> mark, but the periodic implementation seems to fight this. All monthly
> things seem to be put on the first of the month, and yearly expenses are
> all but useless because I think they're all pushed to Jan 1.

I ended up giving up on periodic transactions, I couldn't make it work the
way I needed to, for the same reason. What I've done instead is export to a
CSV then import that into a Google Sheets template, with some app script to
automate matching up accounts with budgeted amounts. Our household was
already using Sheets for budgeting so it doing it that way fit our current
workflow anyway.

If you did get something working I'd be interested to hear what you did, it
kind of sucks having to maintain two tools.

Cheers,
Scott