It's telling you that commodity can't have a negative pricing.

That would mean people pay you to take stuff from them. That would mean
it's not you who are buying their services, it's them paying for your
services.

So just rewrite this:

11.00 h @ -$50.00

into this:

-11.00 h @ $50.00

But that wouldn't make sense either because I assume you're giving them
your hours. They're giving you money.
So their account of hours is credited (added to), while their dollar
account is debited (removed from).

That's how it should look like:

2019-03-14  Invoice Clienta ; :Invoice: 201901

  ; Invoice: 201901

  ; Period: 2019-02-01--2019-03-02

  Income:Consulting       11.00 h @ $50.00
  Income:Consulting       7.00 h  @  $50.00
  Income:Consulting       7.00 h @   $50.00
  Income:Consulting       -$1250.00
  Assets:Accounts

Or even better:

2019-03-14  Invoice Clienta ; :Invoice: 201901

  ; Invoice: 201901

  ; Period: 2019-02-01--2019-03-02

  Asset:Time:Consulting       11.00 h @ $50.00
  Asset:Time:Consulting       7.00 h  @  $50.00
  Asset:Time:Consulting       7.00 h @   $50.00
  Income:Consulting

The transaction above means that you're lending hours at a given price to
the firm you're consulting.
So income account is credited (money are added to it)

After they pay your invoice you would have another transaction:

2019-03-15  Payday

  Assets:Accounts:Cash     $1250.00
  Income:Consulting           -$1250.00

Here money are deducted from income account and your cash amount is
increased.