I'm trying to understand something about the query interface.
Options like -l allow things like -l "amount > 100".

I can also specify the same without -l but then I need to
add "expr".

So I guess "amount > 100" is an expression in ledger lingo.

But then you can also specify queries on the command line
like /a/.  I think this is a shorthand for "expr account =~ /a/".
Is that correct?

And @foo is a shorthand for the expression "payee =~ /foo/"

So the command line expects a "query", which can be a regex, @regex,
%regex.  Or you can add an expression with "expr EXPRESSION".
Anything else that is allowed as a query?  (And is "query" the
right word, or what are those things that are not expressions?)

And options like -l expect an expression.

Is this correct?

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/