On Thursday, 19 Nov 2020 at 09:49, o1bigtenor wrote:
> The 'TL;DR' brought a smile to my face.

;-)

> This kind of function just isn't in text editors

Well, this isn't quite true.  Emacs will create backup files when you
edit one and you can ask Emacs to create new backups every time you save
the file.  These backup files will be numbered and you can specify how
many such backups to keep.  But using Emacs may not be what you would
like to do...

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4 on Debian bullseye/sid