I didnt think it was that bad.

Both teams were just playing one upfront so it was never going to be a classic
and we had a bit of a dogs breakfast of a team, with Howson playing right-wing,
Bruce right-back and Somma upfront on his own.

First half we were pretty solid, Ipswich scored with their only real attack and
though we didnt create much ourselves we didnt deserve to be behind.

Somma is undoubtedly a better player than Becchio, but i'm not sure he's that
effective on his own upfront, he's a big lad but doesnt really use his side to
hold the ball up that well or win much in the air - definitely prefers the ball
into his feet. He was isolated though - Snoddy was playing in the 'hole' for
most of the game but didnt get that close. A couple of times we worked good
positions wide but had no-one to cross to.

Second half Ipswich created a couple more chances but never really put us under
any sustained pressure. The subs made us more attacking and after we scored i
thought we looked the more likely winners.

Unfortunately the sending off made a difference, Howson had to goto right-back
but it was disappointing how quickly they scored (we're never that much better
against 10 men) and that was a defensive mistake - free header. As you say they
could have got another towards the end, messed up more than one men over
breakaway.

Faye looks a bit overweight and cant pass the ball forward but may be a
necessary evil in the short-term, while we try and get the defence organised
again. Higgs' injury was surreal - he seemed to get injured picking the ball
up. Could do with Kasper back soon.

Matt