Good job Saudi Arabia didn't bid then.

I'm fairly open minded on Qatar as a bidder. They will clearly make concessions
on their fairly strict muslim beliefs of the Qataris (not that many of them).
I know a few ex pats who live there and alcohol isn't a problem
(getting/drinking). Nor is a "normal" way of life.

Without getting too deep islam is a 1430 year old religion which is developing
fast, and if you consider where Christianity was in the year 1430 then you can
see both parallels in extremists and progress being made.

I have no doubt the world cup there will be amazing and to be honest korea
japan and usa all had it in the very recent past and australia is a non starter
for timing reasons (for lucrative tv markets unless they play at night).

Indeed Russia's bid was excellent and will be a good world cup. Moscow and  st
petersberg are amazing cities, sochi and kazan are quite nice places too. The
whole legacy/regeneration thing won us the olympics so we can't dismiss it when
it suits.

The real problem is that 22 (allegedly)corrupt people headed by the most
corrupt (allegedly)of all have the power. We naively believed because we had
the best bid we deserved to win it. Things are much fairer in britain!

Our media p1ssed them off and they have had a good laugh stitching us up. I
only hope our media doesn't now lose interest and pursues them to the bitter
end until Blatter and his legacy is in ruins and hopefully he ends his time in
jail!