Does anyone know how the average age of our team/ squad compares to the rest
of the division? Many of our key players are in their early 20s and it's
only O'Brien that springs to mind as being in his 30s.

I think that most teams going for promotion over the years have tended to
build around one or two experienced "older" players (Revie's Collins and
Wilko's Strachan spring immediately to mind). For this afternoon's
should-be-down-the-pub musing I'm alternating between the hope of a
long-lasting improving team and the fear of richer clubs coming in to try
and get our players.....

Damian