Dave,

We're not Ipswitch so I disagree. In a tough game against top notch opposition like Arsenal you shouldn't go changing your system, you should stick to what you know and do best. IMHO, we are not as good when we go to 4.4.2, lumping it up to a big man is not what we do best, we are at our best at 4.5.1 with Howson supporting the striker and we try and play football. We have already given Liverpool, Scum, Spurs and now Arsenal good games by keeping it on the deck, there is no need to change that approach.

It would be great to beat Arsenal but I won't be upset if we don't. After using squad players against us and Ipswitch and playing 2 below par games I suspect Wenger will not fuck about this time. Expect to see the big guns Nasri, Van Persie and Fabregas all starting this game.

Whatever, it's going to be a massive night at Elland Road, can't wait!

Si.

DAVID NATTAN wrote:
Whilst I expect SG to pick the same team as Saturday with the exception of
Parker in for McCartney who is ineligible - not sure how good Parker's
confidence will be after his mauling by Walcott and the fact that we brought
back McCartney, but never mind- but in one way I would like to see us really go
for itby going the aerial route.
We cannot pass Arsenal off the pitch but as we all know there are times when
Arsenal just don't fancy it and a cold wet night at ER could be one of those
nights. They are weak in the air especailly at centre halves and keeper and we
should exploit that.
Let Max have a rest and bring in Paynter to partner Becchio up front - that
gives us a threat in the air from open play.Then at free kicks and corners we
can send up the two centre halves, Johnson who is good in the air, plus Watt
and Connolly who are both big lads to join Becchio and Paynter - Snoddy to take
the set piece and Howson and Parker to stay on the cetnre cirlce, edge of the
box.
Johnson, Watt and Howson can get in their faces in the middle of the park and
then Snoddy and either Watt or Johnson can get wide and put crosses in / pump
balls into the box.
Arsenal moaned at the way Ipswich played so lets do the same thing

Simon Hart.
Physics Computing & Electronics Service
Department of Physics
University of York
Heslington                      Email: s...@york.ac.uk
York, YO10 5DD, U.K.            Tel: +44 1904 432273

DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm