Sorry, but did all you royalists get 2 days off for the wedding? I thought The
Thatch got rid of the May Bank Holiday...(could be well off base here).

________________________________
From: "barbaravi...@gmail.com" <barbaravi...@gmail.com>
To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2011 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [LU] Good omen?

On 02/05/2011 16:21, Damian Walsh wrote:
> our Constitutional Monarchy
> perpetuates a system

that allows some gimp to have his wedding up some big church and then a bash
for 600 afterwards whilst there is a strong case for Invergordon Registry
Office and 120 bringing a bottle and some food to Polnicol Hall

Some knowall told us up here in LOTSA that the royal wedding would bring in
millions of groats to the far North.  I see no evidence at all in fact (Voicey
fact coming up) Lidl's (yup they're german for the xenophobes on the list)
have still got rakes of Royal Wedding tat which will no doubt be in the 20p box
next week

Anyroad, I wouldn't want the type of tourist that wears a Burger King cardboard
crown and drinks Lambrini from a plastic cup mucking about in the Highlands.
London can have 'em and if its Brenda that keeps them there well job well done
I say!

I wonder what the Royal Wedding effect will be on the Scottish Parliament
elections next week.  Every one here is laughing at the Lib Dem Candidate
(don't know why the twats all voted for Lord Thurso at the general election)
but my oh my you should see the Nats candidate, he's got everything going for
him - a folk singing ex school teacher who is more pompous than the chief
pompous twat from pompous twat land.

Keep you eye on the odds here: http://bit.ly/lE4Hmb

Shame we haven't got Gordon Campbell the Caithness Capercaillie standing this
time.

Check out his photo at http://bit.ly/itjban top bloke and no wonder people
think elections are for those recently relieved of their day to day duties by
an AMHP

Right time for a Bank Holiday snifter as the sun is well up in the sky and I've
had enough of trying to find a bloody plumber to fix my central heating pipes.

Betty

PS I thought the Football league show on Satdi was ace.