From: Chris Briggs <c_bri...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [LU] Google+
To: "Matt Anderson" <m...@leeds-united.net>
Cc: "'Leeds List'" <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Date: Tuesday, 26 July, 2011, 13:21

Well, when we were messing about with google+ last week, it seemed a little
cumbersome adding lots of people into a single type discussion forum, ie,
potentially exactly the same people in lots of individual people's circles,
lots of duplication
It then occurred to me during a brain fart that it might be simpler to have a
single user circle that everyone was a member of, 'leedslist' in this case,
with the vision that everyone had a circle with a single entity of 'leedslist'
and that  everyone could post a message to it which would then be shared across
those within the leedslist circle.
However, it turned out that people could post to the leedslist user but not
everyone could see the resultant post.

Some more testing needs to be done to get this working, maybe when they let it
into the wild it might have extra features that enable it to have a
self-propagating Mechanism (similar to the email list).

If would welcome any suggestions as to how we could test this properly as I
think it could be a useful tool on match days.

On a similar vein, what happened to the list Facebook stuff.

Cheers

Chris

-----
Sent from mBox Mail