One point away from home is according to the receipe, so well done to the
lads.

We seem to struggle a bit in the opening minutes, and I am about to say
typical our unluck, this struggle is awarded with one goal to get back. We
did well for the next hour or so. Very well, in periods. Very well indeed
occationally. We had possession, we had speed on the wings, we had
cross-in's (most of them on the floor, a good idea, as we had nothing to use
as air attack in their box), but we (again - typical us?) failed to score.
Even a penalty went astray....

Eventually, our run was awarded with a goal; and though Howson seemed to be
very anonymously before (from tv that is, difficult to see his task on the
field on tv...as someone else explained he was busy marking his man, and I
am happy to hear that), the kick he had (it was he, wasn't it?) just can't
be redone by anyone when trying on purpose. It hit both the inside of the
bar and then inside of the post!!!! The return ball was converted, and what
a thrill and relief.

So, for how long was adam in paradise? Argh. And Kisnorbo hit a very well
placed shot, no keeper in the world would have any chance of saving the
bomb. When we equalized at the end, it was nothing more than fair and
square, both considering chances and play. (though possession never win you
a game of footy)

The pen was right. From my stool I think we were lucky to get away with no
pen at their appeal, but also they were lucky we didn't get a second. A
compensation? I think so.

>From what I have heard and read from previous games, this must surely be a
big step forward. But we clearly have to improve the defending of set
pieces, every corner they had was a nightmare. Improve defending set pieces.

Also, we need to score our goals in the correct end (own goal two games in a
row is not good), and we need to get a little bit sharper when attacking.
Test their goally more. It is about increasing the efficiency rate, convert
a bit more of possession and chances into goals...

With (even small) improvements in these areas, the future might look bright
(and white) after all :-)

Øystein