Yes, but only with a new nickname. Voicey was a turncoat, Chantelle is no
more.....

Howard Wilkinson's Prodigal Son?

On 23 July 2012 14:53, dave walmsley <[email protected]> wrote:

> So there I was, knotting me Leeds scarf, looking forward to the match
> against Shrewsbury, when I got abducted by aliens, and taken to this
> strange parallel world where I was forced to run marathons and subscribe to
> runnersworld forums, where the aliens offered my free tickets and prawn
> sandwiches to watch Man City. My parallel daughters minds were addled by
> being hotwired into something called Hollyoaks, forgetting that Leeds even
> existed. My parallel dad, in this parallel word, started going to watch
> Accrington Stanley and made me go with him.
> Weeks became months became years.
> But then, this strange voice transcended the space/time continuum and
> called me "you must go to the Emirates, you must go to the Emirates".
> When the aliens weren't looking, I stole a spacepod and landed right
> outside the Dog and Duck in Finsbury Park, where a merry gathering of
> familiar voices could be heard inside. A little greyer, but still Betty, a
> little less wild hair but still Wiggy.... Yes, it was a list gathering in
> full swing.
> So, this past six months I have got down my old LUFC programmes from the
> attic and read them, stayed away from the Ethiad, and got injured so I
> can't run marathons. But most of all, recently I have been thinking about
> Howard Wilkinson.
>
> So, time for a comeback.
>
> That's if you'll have me.
> _______________________________________________
> Leedslist mailing list
> Info and options:
> http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
> To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
>
> PETE CASS (1962 - 2011) Rest In Peace Mate
>
_______________________________________________
Leedslist mailing list
Info and options: http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]

PETE CASS (1962 - 2011) Rest In Peace Mate

Reply via email to