It's a shame you didn't continue your analysis to cover the second half where
his performance plummeted to the usual shite he serves up.

The thing is, this is Becchio at his best, on top of his game, on the money,
nearly a goal a game but yet whilst other younger and older players are leading
the way he's struggling like hell to make an impact. My expectations of Becchio
are so low these days that I actually thought he had a decent first half. Why?
Because he did win 1 or 2 headers, he did manage to control the ball simply and
lay if off at times and he did get around the pitch. Is that enough though ?
Diouf is buying him space all,over the pitch as he drags 2 sometimes 3
defenders with him. Ross McCormack's injury is a blessing in disguise believe
me. Diouf makes the ball stick, he holds it up and others can get forward
around him, this is what hold up play is all about - Viduka did it brilliantly,
Becchio can't.

Also in that first half we were treated to a handball (only through lack of
control) and another 6 yard free header miss. Yes he did well to muscle his way
into position but having done that it's a goal anywhere other than where he put
it. A bad miss. You said he did everything right - did he ? He's a forward and
should be scoring with free headers from the 6 yard line. Is that unreasonable
? I've also heard it say he doesn't miss from 6 yards - I think the last 2
games have proved that it's just a lottery with this bloke,

Second half he was atrocious and I think there's no better example of how
lacking this bloke is than his exchange with Tonge. Tonge was heading forward
towards their goal and played a simple ball, little pace to Becchio with his
back to goal (as always) , all he wanted was a simole return pass for him to
run on to. Becchio served him up a heavy pass that was about 10 yards away from
where he wanted. We conceded possesion. Any 9 year old boy with the basics
would have completed that pass. Tonge just looked at him in disbelief. No
excuses for a Pro- footballer to not be able to pass a simple ball without
thinking.

And I repeat this is Becchio top of his game. No excuses.

Other than Becchio though I thought the whole team was brilliant. Tonge is
looking fitter and he combined well with Austin, Diouf and Byram.

Sent from my iPad