>.... It's not Colin's fault. It's Bates.

I don't wholeheartedly agree...

Yes, Bates is to blame, I don't need to type the list of arguments in that
direction; but Warnock did take the job, he knew (or should know) there was
not plenty of money to spend, and also he has been influencing on the squad.
Of course, he couldn't help Snoddy et all being sold, nor is he to blame for
injuries; but he knew some injuries would come, and he still decided on who
to bring in (even though we know without a wallet he could not select from
first shelf...)

Then comes what you do, and get out of, the squad that you have. That has
nothing to do with Bates. Warnock has IMHO a lot to prove in that area, and
I honestly doubt he is the man. We will never, even with new owners, be in a
position to buy success, and after all the ball is round. My point is, we
need to use our academy, we need to outsmart the foes with tactics, work
rate, organisation and things like this.

I am afraid we have to settle for the same division again next season. And
no, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but might try to be a realist here.

Most important, short term, is we play our part in denying the norwegian
managers in the division any success, even if I like Solbakken and Berg as
such, I wouldn't want their sides to be better than us!

Øystein