I agree with you - retake goal kick. I think that if the ball hadn't left the
area it is still dead ball.

Simon
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

Robert Heath <rhe...@asd.edu.qa> wrote:

This happened in a game my team played during the week.

The keeper took a goalkick, tried to play it across the box, but scuffed
it. The ball was trickling along, obviously never going to get out of the
box, and so a defender came in and picked the ball up and rolled it back to
the keeper. (Don't ask me why he did that.)

Decision?

I would have given a retake of the goalkick, but the ref gave a penalty.

(We were the attacking side, so I didn't mind too much.)