The best live bands I ever saw were Darts and Hi-Tension.

I never bought any of their records (and never would) and I wouldn't have
paid to go to their concerts - but I was myself paid to go to both of them
(as a bouncer would you believe ;). Both bands were absolutely fantastic
though. Their music styles were different but they both had the knack of
instant communcation with the audience, whose punk or mod or soulboy or
whatever cynicisms were immediately forgotten in a joyous riot of bopping.
Even we bouncers tapped our feet ;)

The band that sticks out as the worst (when I was a bouncer) was Haircut
100 who were complete wankers. I think that there were also more than a few
that were just plain forgettable .....

Damian