I was thinking exactly the same - and I remember that a bit later on in
that season Peter Lorimer came back and played some exquisite football on
the right before changing his name, getting the snip, and going off to
Israel to finish his career.

Getting back to why didn't we bounce straight back up? There must have been
structural/ organisational problems at the club I think. That plus we
didn't have a proper centre-forward. Aidan Butterworth was too light-weight
(the shame of seeing him have to take the (very) long way round Mickey
Droy.......), Terry Connor was too inconsistent and Worthington for all his
spectacular goals and stuff was far too often a spectator rather than a
participant.

Damian