 From: John Boocock <j...@boocock.net>
To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Sent: Friday, 10 January 2014, 16:55
Subject: Re: [LU] LU: Sad News - United Announce 49'ers Link Up

On 10/01/2014 16:30, Dr Michael Benjamin wrote:
> Without bias. What does it give us in real terms?

*Leeds United are delighted to announce a new partnership with the San
Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL).*

The exciting arrangement will see the American Football pioneers send a
delegation to Leeds to meet with senior management staff to discuss key areas
of the club's business, including ticketing strategies, sponsorship and
commercial opportunities, technology, and retail and merchandising.

Leeds United managing director David Haigh said: "This is a strategic
partnership and we're looking forward to working closely with the 49ers. They
are a worldwide brand, and we'll be discussing all aspects of our business;
marketing, ticketing, merchandising, and commercial opportunities, and
hopefully tapping into and sharing knowledge with them."

Leeds United chairman Salah Nooruddin said: "The 49ers are market leaders in
many respects, and they are excited to be working with us as we are with them.
We have been talking with the 49ers for a good while now, and see this as an
exciting opportunity for both of us."

Paraag Marathe, Chief Operating Officer of the 49ers, said: "The 49ers are very
excited about the prospect of partnering with Leeds United, a club with an
international following as well as great history and tradition.

"We look forward to sharing best practices with Leeds United and providing them
with our perspective on the sports industry. This is an exciting opportunity
for us to link up with an English football club and learn from each other."

The five- time Super Bowl Champion 49ers, are currently in the NFL playoffs and
are due to move into the brand new Levi's® Stadium later this year in Santa
Clara, California.

- See more at:
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/8vmgq7nudn8a14cgw95cezxe7/title/united-announce-49ers-link-up#sthash.2OjFemM8.zxEnHB8y.dpuf

---