Well after some initial reticence I'm thoroughly enjoying the World Cup and
would agree with all the positive comments on here about it.  My favourite team
so far have been Chile - hard working, fabulous team ethic, skilled
individually, and tough.  I'd be more than happy to see them win. For me anyone
but Argentina or Brazil.

And one positive from the tournament is that watching it has rekindled my
youngest son's interest in football.  His interest in attending ER with me had
all but disappeared over the last couple of seasons (not a surprise I suppose),
but thanks to the World Cup that interest has now been rekindled, and we plan
to go together next season. Yes I know the football at ER will be like watching
Iran's C team, but hey, it's a positive outcome, and who knows how many more
young supporters are brought into or back to the game after watch the World Cup?

DRB