At present a growing sense of nervousness but note that:

1) when I/we were doing our lists at the end of last season and who you'd
happily see never play again, they are now almost all gone. Can't fault him
there.

2) Transfers are only permitted from July 1st, the transfer embargo was only
lifted yesterday, and we've not had great success with free transfers in the
past have we?

3) I've no doubt he's lined up a string of Italians from Serie B etc - let's
hope they adapt quickly, which is not usually the case i'm afraid at any level
(Vialli, Zola apart) in the english league system for some reason.

4) Ross was ALWAYS going to go, and frankly anything over 5m (not to mention
the much mentioned 10m from Fulham) cannot be rejected by a Championship club.
Note also he'd a great season last year, but the previous three were not so
dazzling.

5) Paddy Kenny. The #17 story is obviously nonsense, and i too also think that
it's more to do with the fact that he barely played the last 4 months last
season, is getting on and is about twice the width I am.

6) The club was losing 1m a month, and the fair play rules mean that you can't
throw (a lot) of money at it?

7) Buyback of ER is surely a maze of complications due to you know who.

However, there's no getting away from the fact that it's going to end badly
with Hockaday - 4 games max.

But could it be that, maybe just maybe, it works out? Must we always go with
the usual recyling of managers that at this level that brings nothing? OK, here
I'm being wildly optimistic.

BMW

SP LUFC and Twitter is particularly entertaining at the moment. Who was it that
was anti Twitter once upon a time, moi?