.... in fact the more I think about it, the more I see that whilst one of the
three who drop down will go back up the next season, the other two usually have
to suffer a complete financial meltdown that was brought about by the Prem
salaries, with the day of reckoning then arriving finally after relegation.

Look at Blackpool, Bolton, Wigan, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Charlton... Cardiff
are almost certainly stacked up high with internal loans.

Derby, Reading, Wolves, Blackburn were all relegated in the last six or seven
years - only Derby under McClaren are now back in shape.

Anyhow my overall point I suppose is that those teams in from the Premier have
in most cases minimal advantage: the parachute payments are spent before they
even get them and they are all in various stages of pandemonium when the
Championship begins.

Anyhow, after the recent purge of the Warnock era deadwood, who's left? Austin
has until the end of the season, what about the Morison goal machine, and Andy
White?

BMW