The Flurry (March 2015)

                                Four More Years
                                Today’s our fourth birthday and, by
coincidence, the publication date of Issue Sixteen (go download it now). When
we started back in the heady days of the spring of 2011, we had no idea when
flicking the switch and releasing the digital edition of Issue Zero into the
ether what lay in store. Would we survive longer than the dozen editions of our
namesake, the late-Victorian newspaper set up in 1893 by the eccentric
Wearsider Mr Sidney Duncan?

                                Little more than a week after we launched, the
Tōhoku earthquake and resulting tsunami wrought devastation along Japan's
eastern coast, killing more than 15,000 people and sparking the Fukushima
nuclear disaster. It seems somehow fitting that as we approach the fourth
anniversary of those events, one of the articles in Issue Sixteen, by Felix
Lill and Javier Sauras, looks at how football is playing its part in rebuilding
the lives and shattered communities of Fukushima prefecture.

                                Also in the upcoming issue you will find
features on the untimely demise of Hereford United, as well as Sachin Tendulkar
discussing his interest in football and reasons behind investing in the Indian
Super League. There's Jonathan Wilson's report from the Cup of Nations, and
Ralf Rangnick in conversation with Ben Lyttleton, explaining the philosophies
behind Red Bulls Salzburg and Leipzig.

                                We've got some of the iconic photography of
Stuart Roy Clarke, and in Greatest Games Scott Murray takes a look back at one
of the most controversial Old Firm games of all time.

                                It's another issue of which we're very proud,
and we hope you enjoy it. Doing what we've done over these past four years has
been a collaborative process, and we couldn't have survived this far without
everybody’s involvement – not just the writers, staff and designers, but also
you, the reader. We thank you for your faith and continued support.

                                Here's to four more years. Now excuse us, we're
off for some jelly and ice cream.
                                  Issue 16 - Out Now

                                Yes, Issue Sixteen is available for subscribers
to download now. Hard copies are being despatched in the next couple of days.

                                For non-subscribers, it will be released on
general pay-what-you-like sale on Wednesday 11th March. Subscribe now for
instant access.

                                Competition Time

                                To celebrate our birthday we're giving away 5
copies of the second edition of Issue Zero to those of you who most amuse us by
completing the following sentence: "The ideal birthday present for the Blizzard
is..."

                                Email your suggestions by 11th March to
quizz...@theblizzard.co.uk to enter.

                                The Blizzard on iTunes

                                You've been badgering us for it, and now
podcasts from our live events are available on iTunes (as well as Soundcloud).
If that is your podcast service of choice, please subscribe today, and leave us
a nice rating while you're at it. Thanks.

                                Blizzard Gifts

                                An ideal present, check out our gift
subscription options in digital and hard copy formats, along with our back
issues in Blizzard Collections...

                                Ditloids

                                There's no prizes, remember, they're just for
fun. Get your grey matter around these three:

                                1 - 1994 - VL b K m
                                2 - AW w 84 c for H
                                3 - ST p at GM

                                And the answers from the last edition, for the
curious among you:

                                1 - L 7 - The D of the M - Law 7 - The Duration
of the Match
                                2 - B is RF's m n - Bernard is Robbie Fowler's
middle name
                                3 - 1875 - the f FAC f r - 1875 - the first FA
Cup final replay

                        Twitter
                        @Blzzrd Facebook
                        /blzzrd Google
                        Plus

                  www.theblizzard.co.uk | i...@theblizzard.co.uk | +44 (0)191
543 8785
                  The Blizzard ~ Ashmore Villa, 1 Ashmore Terrace, Stockton
Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DE

                  unsubscribe from this list

No virus found in this message.