OMG (sic) - the first game I went to after relegation in '82 was Fulham
away. I lived in Poplar and worked in Bow. It felt very strange and alien
going up West - I'd never been on the District line went beyond Mile End
before.

Anyway, Dennis Irwin scored one of ours, I think John Lukic was in goal and
we lost 3-2. I really didn't like the two best Fulham players though I
can't remember their names now - they haunted us throughout the 80s, always
scored against us for whatever teams they played for.

Anyway, I must have liked Craven Cottage because I went back towards the
end of the season for a midweek game against Barnsley. Barnsley, on their
way down, needed to win to maintain Leeds' mathematical chance of going up.
I wasn't alone, most of the "Barnsley" supporters were sad Leeds like me.

Needless to say, Barnsley lost 4 nil

Damian