We were rubbish. I hear you all saying we're going down.  Evans saying we
need 5 new players.  And based on the few games i've seen, I wondered how
awful we are.......

Not since Nigel (and Paul) have we had a keeper that didn't have some flaw.
I wouldn't say Silvestri is any worse than other guardians, nor than anyone
we're likely to bring in in his place.

Beradi, doing OK by all accounts.

Taylor, decent young player, as with all decent young players, will both be
overhyped and lose form/make mistakes at times. No problem.

Bamba, has been the best CB and seems to be vociferous on the pitch which
we need. Was very disappointed though with his ridiculous - and costly -
overreaction at referee decisions the last two games. I also looked for him
to intervene earlier last night when Anteucci was getting into a squabble
and needed to be restrained for the sake of the team, but no-one came over
to shut him up.  Bamba is probably OK.

Cooper. Has seemed to me a decent if a bit quiet a player, last night
looked like he didn't want to be there, no presence, poor positioning and
poor passing.  We've been through so many CBs and still continue to fail in
this area, maybe it's not the players but the coaching that's at issue.
Jury Out.

Bellusci. Successive managers have selected him, which suggests he is
better than he looks.  There's a bit of the Andy Hughes, Chris Kamara about
him - the attitude can make up for some rash/underskilled play.  Too much
of a liability for us at CB though imo.

Byram. That was shocking last night. I really did rate Byram, but it seems
we've destroyed whatever he had to offer. If things start going better, I
reckon we might see him back to some decent form, but that isn't going to
happen. I'd hate to sell him as he'll turn out to be a revelation at his
new club. Tant pis.

Cook, Mowatt. See Taylor. These are the players of this year and last year
respectively. Probably an old head - and/or Rudi style engine beside them
-and they'll be fine.  I like Cook better in the middle.

Murphy. As with Belusci, successive managers rate him, which tells me he's
got something.  I haven't really seen it, but nor have i been appalled at
his play.  Last night was bad, but he certainly can't be singled out.  Like
Cooper, I'm on the fence with him.

Adeyemi. Haven't really seen enough.  (4 games) Maybe flatters to deceive,
runs around ab bit, but I don't notice him making the tackles or the
passes. Perhaps we need him as things stand, but I wouldn't miss him.

Botaka, Dallas. Fine. Wide men who take on defenders and scare the
opposition. Whether or not there is the final ball. Keep.

The WBA guy.  Waste of time so far. has diminished the team whenever he has
come on.

Anteucci. I want to keep him. Has some quality, attitude and can score from
nothing. Not sure why it isn't really working but he's ok.

Wood. I called him a useless donkey on his debut, and now i think that
might have been harsh on donkeys. Off the pace, can't jump can't turn,
can't control the ball. Maybe he can shoot, but how often will he be given
the time and space and ball on a plate he appears to need.  Only trouble
is.....who else do we have?

Nothing on the bench that i fancy.

So, I think we have a good enough team.  I'd say we lack a goalscorer, a
midfield general and a reinvigorated back 4 before we could mount a serious
challenge but we should be able to hold our own in this division.  As for
bringing in 4 or 5 players.......does anyone think that any 4 or 5
championship level players that are available and willing to join would
improve us?  Just more of the same. we should Centre the team around the
youngsters. I just think we need more some consistent quality coaching and
confidence building motivation. .  Maybe Paul Hart for the former and Evans
for the latter might be able to do that........and just give them time.