I turn 30 at the end of the month, and the only managers on your list who have
managed in my lifetime are Clough and Ferguson.

The game has changed a bit in 30 years—for better or worse.

I think that a lot of criticism of the DoF/head coach arrangement is that we
don’t know how the two roles work together.

Personally I think Christensen should have been sacked for a few different
reasons. But certainly if he didn’t knock on Orta’s door and asked for a CB,
then it is unforgiveable and he should be sacked for that alone.

And if Orta couldn’t find a decent CB to bring in, then he should be on the hot
seat or out the door.

I just don’t think it is accurate to say the head coach has no input on
transfers in or out. But that is not his primary role.

Sent from my iPhone